This has NOTHING to do with sourdough…
I made some Southern Bourbon Pecan Salted Caramel and had to make a cheesecake to pair with it!
This was fairly quick to make. I found the recipe on Pinterest and had to try it. Here is the link.
I made my normal cheesecake to go with it. my recipe and method are below.
JIM’S CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- 2 Cups/224g – Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup – Butter (measured solid then melted)
- 3T – Sweetener (I prefer Birch Xylitol)
- 1t – Vanilla extract
CRUST PREP INSTRUCTIONS
- Blitz the ingredients above in a food processor pulsing as you drizzle the melted butter and vanilla extract into the dry ingredients
- Add the above into a greased 9” springform pan pressing firmly flat. My technique is to use the bottom of a glass
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Blind bake the crust for 10-12 minutes. You might find it useful to prick the crust before baking so you don’t get bubbling of the crust
- Remove from oven and let cool (or continue with bake below)
- 32oz – Philadelphia Cream Cheese (four bricks)
- 1 Cup – full fat Greek Yogurt (240g)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1T – Lemon Juice ( My technique is to squeeze one half of a large lemon)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Cup (192g) – Sweetener (Xylitol)
- 1t – Vanilla Extract
FILLING PREP INSTRUCTIONS
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature
- Add the yogurt, sweetener, vanilla, lemon juice and zest to the softened cream cheese in a mixer with a wire whisk attachment and mix at medium speed (Note – don’t whisk at a speed that will introduce air or create bubbles)
- Add eggs one at a time. Wait until the previous egg has been fully incorporated before adding the next egg
- Continue to mix until smooth
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat or boil some water for the water bath
- Wrap springform pan bottom with foil
- Pour filling into greased springform pan with crust leveling as best you can (use a spatula)
- Put wrapped / filled springform pan with foil into the pan you will use for the water bath
- Fill the bath pan with hot water and then carefully put into hot oven. ( Alternative method is to put in oven then fill bath with water… just don’t get water into your filling!)
- Bake at 350°F for one hour… DO NOT open door to check on bake!!
- Turn off oven and crack door open.
- Leave to cool slowly overnight.
- Remove from oven and continue to chill in refrigerator until fully cool/firm