Ok … yet another (inadvertent) experiment on my sourdough bread proving method.
The experiment was prompted by my company having an all-weekend virtual offsite (aka Zoom marathon)
I followed my normal method and had my bread going into a cold bulk ferment Friday evening.
Saturday was a full day and not my normal pattern. I ended up forgetting to split / shape my bread in the evening after a 24 hour ferment. In fact, I didn’t even think about it until I’d already gone to bed.
I didn’t get up. My wife’s response was “New experiment…it will be fine regardless”
I got up this morning. Split the dough and preshaped. Let it bench rest for 30 minutes or so and then final shaped and put into the bannetons.
I preheated my Dutch Ovens and after about 90 minutes scored and put into bake.
Whoa! HUGE oven bloom (compared to last week for sure)
Very interesting (and pleasing) result! I’m going to continue with this method going forward!
2 thoughts on “(Inadvertent) Sourdough Proving Experiment”
You have the BEST inadvertent experiments! Always visually stunning results and delicious. Great sense of adventure in allowing the variables to play out. And of course, listening to your wise wife (insert wink) who thinks you are amazing, is always a great plan. Keep experimenting!
Sent from my iPhone
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks JaNette! Looking forward to sharing future experiments with you! Need great taste-testers!!