The other day I decided that I’d like to make some cheesy sourdough.
I’ve been experimenting with my technique for bulk fermenting as well as looking at how to make more dough at the same time in my kitchen.
This was a follow-on experiment I’d done with making four loaves at the same time. Two of the loaves were Batards and the other Boules. Each of them used a different technique for bulk-fermenting. One set I used a 24-hour retarded bulk ferment and the other a 6-hour ferment at 74oF.
Anyway…. fast forward and I used the 6-hour method for the dough for all four loaves and THIS time decided that two of the loaves would be regular sourdough and the others would be “cheesy”.
The first was a Cheddar-Jalapeno and the second Asiago.
I folded in the add-in at the end of the bulk ferment. Wasn’t a bad idea … just think that maybe folding in the ingredients during the bulk would have been a better idea. THAT would have meant dividing the dough during the bulk-ferment (or deciding on a single flavor).
The bread was delicious though! Very pleased with the flavor profiles, mouth-feel, crumb structure etc. I’m going to continue experimenting with “cheesy” sourdough for sure!