I’ve had a number of folks ask “How do you create a sourdough starter?” I thought it might be fun to create a new starter and document the process. You can follow along with this thread and start your own if you so desire. There are many ways to create a sourdough starter….this is one way.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO START
- 250g Strong (Bread) flour
- Organic Apple – Grated with skin avoiding the core
- 180ml/g Water
- Weigh out the flour
- Grate the apple avoiding the core. I used an organic apple to avoid all the “additives” (pesticides et al) that are present in non-organic fruit
- Add the water and mix the dough together thoroughly.
- Transfer to a closed container marking where the dough is at this moment (See pic at beginning of this post.)
- Now we wait for 3 days to allow the mixture to begin to ferment!
It is just that simple. Now to let nature do it’s thing….