Baked the four loaves of sourdough bread today vice my normal two.
Things that I noted in baking the two batches of loaves:
- Rice flour is the bomb! Makes my loaves less inclined to stick to the bannetons
- Can’t preheat the lids for the second batch – not enough space in my oven
- Baking at 420°F convection for 25 minutes plus 20 more minutes lid off makes for a richer crust color than 35 mins lid on plus 5 minutes lid off
- No real difference in the loaf results when comparing batches
- Proving was took a while even though it was in my proving box. Therefore, scaling to 6-8 loaves might prove difficult because I can’t fit a tub that large into my box. My kitchen temp is lower which will make proving take even longer!
Overall this was a successful test. I’ll have to look at the crumb later once I cut into them. They don’t look much different than my other loaves so I’m not expecting anything earth shattering.
Now to think about “what has to be true?” If I want to double and try 8 loaves!